Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 9!


Today was a much, much better day. There was a lot of energy in the school because of carnival week and in general people were in mostly good moods.

One thing that made me happy today is represented by this photo:

This was a gift from Christmas that just proved my today point.

Today I was most happy for the support I have been receiving from people from all aspects of my life. I learn and grow from all of you.

More literally, I went to a meeting today for teachers new to the district or profession. It's part of the district course I've been in all year - this semester has a few check-in meetings. The other teachers were like angels to me because they showed that we are all struggling to keep afloat and we share both our stress and our constantly reforming optimism.

We teach because we want to make a difference. Kids need teachers that will fight for them, even if sometimes they don't want it. Seeing a similar stubborn pride in district colleagues made me smile because a district can succeed if people are willing to fight for it. I hope so, in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment