Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 16!

I am bone tired so this one's going to be rather quick. Today was overall a good day - I continue to enjoy my quirky night class and our random side bars. We managed a 20 minute q&a on space science. Hell yeah black holes and dark matter! Took us a bit to remember how we got there from WWII bombardier raids, but we had time and I'm just happy they're enjoying the class.

There are actually two great reasons I am happy today. One is that my book arrived today! :) The other is my domestic productivity:

Happy (almost) Anniversary of the Assassination of Julius Caesar!

Not kidding. Legit reason for the thousand to be frosted cupcakes.

Explanation: my AP students studied Julius Caesar and did a recitation project. A girl studied Roman funerals so she could do extra credit for the final speeches and discovered they did rememberance/funeral feasts and baked what became known as "death cake."

When I told my students it was the Ides of March on Saturday they looked at me and went "Death cake?" So death cake I have spent the past several hours making.

Now I'm going to pass out because I am done with being awake and thinking about the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment