Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 24!

Today was fairly average, overall. I did manage to be rather productive and got a lot of marking done at work. I am very close to completely done and plan to be by tomorrow!

I am, however, very sick of the cold and snow. I enjoy winter and find snow beautiful, but at this rate we won't have a Spring at all. We are set to get around 6" of snow and slush and ice this evening through tomorrow and I am not pleased at all. I merely hope we are delayed and not cancelled as we are already dealing with 5 snow days to make up! I wonder if I'll see grass again?

A highlight of my evening has been expanding my cake baking skills. The school musical begins tomorrow and they are having an intermission bake sale each night as a fundraiser. I have volunteered to bake cupcakes...when I obscenely over bought cake mix. Perhaps the best part of tonight's baking session was the fact that I turned it into a Les Miserables sing-a-long spectacular! Sorry not sorry.

My latest creations!

Behold: red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberries!

I had rave reviews on the standard red velvets and hope the strawberries end up being good sellers. 

Got any good baking recipes or ideas for things I could figure out how to bring to life? Hit me up! I have 80 test subjects who will merrily munch away at experiments.

Can I call my students test subjects?

No comments:

Post a Comment