Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 83 (Saturday)!

For a day that started out slow and rather lazy, it turned out quite spectacularly.

I headed down to the city to go to the gym. For a $5 franchise fee, whatever that is, I could use their PF facility. It ended up being a great way to relieve stress, let my mind wander, and watch Montreal get slaughtered.

Knowing that it's wasteful to drive an hour each way solely for the use of the gym, I had to find other things to usefully do. I had brought my laptop and so I camped out in a Starbucks for a few hours to do work.

Then came the awesome:
Nothing is better than new books.

I walked in with zero idea what I would get, just that I wanted to read; I walked out with quite the finds. I have since already devoured Soulless, a marvelous urban fantasy novel set in slightly Steampunk Victorian England with a wonderfully sassy heroine. I promised my brother I would read the Bladerunner book, and I do love dystopian novels. The Ayn Rand monstrosity was a promise to my AP students, who both loved it and suffered through it last year and insist I read it. Rand seems to be incredibly intellectually popular, with a whole institute, but I had honestly never heard of her until this year. Not a pip about her in any literature class. I rather regret that gap in my education.

Now excuse me, this rain simply requires more reading. Sleep? Pssssh!

No comments:

Post a Comment