Friday, May 9, 2014

Day 75!

My chickadees flew the best today to take the big AP exam. I sat anxiously by in a conference room, fingers crossed, trying to accomplish grading. Those I saw said it went well, one section harder and the other easier than our prep. It's a long wait until July results.

My other classes were rather busy but they seem to have positive feelings about reading Gatsby next. If I can get them positive about reading, I am one happy English teacher.

Getting myself ready to leave proved a task and a half but I did and I survived the drive to Civiliztion, aka the North Shore.

I watched Big Fish for the first time ( I know! ) tonight.

Don't ask me why I took the pic at the sheep part. Not sure.

I'm staying with a good friend tonight who cooked a lovely dinner (see, blog official seal of tasty approval!). Also, Cherry Wine - very interesting and yummy.

Big Fish left me with a lot of emotions. I want to watch it again and think more. Also, I can see this being a phenomenal film to teach...narrative and truth and legacy...what a cool unit idea! I was happy and sad and wondered how to think of the father or the son. I won't spoil it ( I mean it's like 10 years old, I probably could ), but it was just very intricate and the way reality and truth melted and formed was incredibly unique and refreshing. It was beautifully shot and that have it just the romantic, fantastical atmosphere it needed.

Any other movies I have to see the maybe I haven't?

No comments:

Post a Comment