Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day 65!

One thing that makes me happy as a teacher is when a lesson sparks a lot of discussion. It creates energy in the room and is fun to be involved in.

My Picasso lesson did that yesterday. Some students really liked his works and others did not, but they all had things to say about the pieces and found them very rich in detail. Even if he's not your style, there's definitely talent and messages in his paintings.

Guernica, one of the main large prints in our exhibit.

The twisted limbs and odd angles generated a lot of curiosity and theories. I'm excited to see what they will write tomorrow.

Otherwise, yesterday actually made me very tired. These allergies are killing me and when I got home, I was mentally and physically tired. Hopefully the weather settles soon and my allergies will leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment