Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 43!

Things I don't like: how many times in the past week this app glitched and didn't publish. Sorry to everyone reading; I have actually been doing this daily.

Today was a really, really exhausting day after this past weekend. It was absolutely worth the trip, however. I am just greatful that it was a good day.

My students all got to do some SAT practice (not that they're looking forward to taking the SAT), I am almost done on essay work, and I am about to be teaching two things I am super excited for. As I mentioned in previous entries, I am working with Much Ado. I will also be teaching A Farewell to Arms again to two other classes. What has me all atwitter today, though, is that I started The Great Gatsby. I hope to do my TA/professor Terri proud!

My soundtrack for the day.

Using the software, Prezi (LOVE it!), I created a slideshow for my lecture on The Jazz Age. An awesome thing? It lets you have background music, which auto repeats, so I was able to have "Rhapsody in Blue" play to set the mood. It was a lot of fun to talk about post-WWI America, jazz, the stock market, and all the crazy crime. It's a fabulous time period and Gatsby is a fabulous read.

The other absolute best thing? Today is National Beer Day, which celebrates the end of Prohibition.

The 1920's? Prohibition. I taught Prohibition and Al Capone today, of all days, completely unwittingly. I have previously taught the Salem Witch Trials on Halloween and we will be reading Shakespeare on his birthday.

My nerdy heart swells with joy at it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment