Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 57!

Today was a day to remember how amazing of a city Boston is and how much of my heart it possesses.

My brother and I watched the marathon from his apartment and quickly became invested in the elite runners and their stories: from Van Dyk's amazing 10th victory, McFadden's triumph over adversity, Meb's amazing men's win at 39, to the heartache of seeing Shalene fall behind after setting that amazing pace.

It was exciting to watch and just feel the tension and triumph.

While I was surrounded by fluffy cats, I was immersed in both the feat of the marathon and in it's significance. Boston is not a city to back down; more runners ran than almost ever and over a million watched in person. Boston won't ever back down and that's what makes it so amazing.

Boston Strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment