Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 49!

Today, it snowed.

Despite that horrifying fact, Spring was in my blood. The start of Spring manifests in one, vivid and paralyzingly way each year: Spring cleaning obsession. I am already neurotic when I full-on clean, but the Spring Clean is a frightening condition. I have, in past years, been known to hole up in my room for days, barely coming out except for meals as I clean and reorganize and terrorize dust bunnies.

I am attempting to avoid it with shorter 3-4 hour bouts of cleaning. Today was round 1.

Organized and clean beureau makes me happy!

I actually really like to clean and organize once I start. It's a bizarrely satisfying thing to do. Today, I accomplished laundry and unpacking and dishes and kitchen, along with paperwork and living room decluttering. I've also begun to air the place out and look forward to planting on my fire escape soon. Dusting and scrubbing come next. :)

For someone that values clean and order, stress yields stuff everywhere. Hence, obsessive cleaning sprees.

And by cleaning, I mean organizing. I am a cluttered human, not a dirty one.

Also, why in the world did I just write a whole blog entry on cleaning?

No comments:

Post a Comment