Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 40!

My second glitch - didn't publish. This is my Friday entry!

So, anyone of you that know me know that I love Shakespeare. The words make sense to me and I think he's jokes are the best. It's a really werid, but nonetheless strong, adoration and obsession.

That translates into teaching Shakespeare. I feel like Tigger. I am full of bouncing energy and by sheer force of exuberant will, want my students to revel in the laughter and joy of the play.

Today, I was happy because of this quirky activity promoted by Folger and various theatre folk and teachers.

Shakespeare Insults!

I have a class of 80% boys and I'm doing Much Ado. Both translate to needing to know insults and enjoying them.

You should have seen their faces when they realized they were not only allowed, but actively encouraged, to call eachother no good, irritating, good for nothing, bastards (in Elizabethan English, of course!).

It was hilarious and got better as we schemed and I introduced the play in the next period.

No comments:

Post a Comment