Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day 9: 21 Day Fix - Trying to Figure it Out

Wow was today a fine example of why I need this program!

Nutrition was definitely a struggle for me, not because I didn't plan, but because I didn't execute. Breakfast and lunch went marvelously! I loved the quinoa chicken that I made; it was filling and fit the plan. Unfortunately, as I made my way home, things began to fall apart.

As most people know, my car caught fire about a week and a half ago and we had some trouble with contractors in our apartment, so things have been pretty chaotic. I'm also starting a new job in the Fall and as of right now, I know very, very little about what that will entail. Moving to a fabulous apartment, getting a new car, and starting a job at a fantastic school are all super positive changes but I haven't been doing super well.

As I began driving home and thinking of everything I had to do, I started freaking out and that continued once I got home after Pilates. How can I budget everything? Will I have time to do everything? Who do I need to schedule in? Where am I going to be this weekend? And so on and so forth... my eating choice became poor and good god did it make me feel physically and emotionally terrible.

Truer words have never been spoken.

On the fitness side of things, Pilates Reformer was amazing and let me check out for an hour and really focus on my body strengthening and finding balance. I can only imagine how much better I would be getting if I could get nutrition in line as well. After a lot of back and forth and general misery, I did in fact put on the Yoga Fix DVD and complete it. I was glad I did as the stretching was nice and, as I did it about 9:30pm, it helped me relax a bit.

A more negative note was that the Hamsters of Anxiety ran around my brain until 3:00am. A benefit was I organized some random piles of clothes and cleaned out paperwork. I began making a To Do list at 2:45am and that allowed me to relax enough to go to sleep. It's ridiculously long, but organized.

My goal is to again focus on a full day of healthy tomorrow rather than these 1/2 days because not being fully focused on nutrition is not going to give me results.

Got to take risks and get there and get there again.


Breathe out the negativity, man.

Morning Update: A sickness is going around camp and of course I ate poorly last night so I woke up after 3 hours of sleep feeling awful. It's 10 am and the feeling of death in my body has not decreased. I'm going to chin up and make better choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment