Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Day 4: 21 Day Fix - Don't Give Up

Hey everyone!

When I first woke up this morning, I thought wow, I'm not really that sore at all! (See Day 3's Morning Update). As I got to work and began my crazy job of running a summer camp I realized, damn was I wrong! My thighs wanted to secede from my body and I began to get this really bad knot in my shoulder. So, what's a girl to do? Hydrate throughout the day, ibuprofen, essential oils, tiger balm, and a shower at the end of it. Never quit.

Post Upper Fix snapshot. Getting to love my weights!
Ironically, the workout, which was in fact my shoulders and upper body, made my should hurt less. I think this had a ton to do with the warm up and Autumn's reminders to get the shoulders loose. My habit is to tense them and I think doing that during Pilates yesterday led to the pain today. Regardless, no excuses, I completed the workout and am super happy that I did.

The biggest area I need to work on is nutrition. I know that if I don't get this down that I'm not going to see all the results. Today my cold/allergies worsened so I spent most of the day really nauseous. I had my fab Shakeology this morning then couldn't get down anything else except water and a cup of coffee all day due to the build up in my sinuses. I had a tortilla with a little cheese when I got in and then managed a green smoothie made by my lovely roommate for dinner.

Not quite the fuel I need to sustain all this working out and that's going to make everything else harder. Send me any tips/suggestions/ideas you have for staying strong and finding nutrition in a busy work day when you can't stop! (Either through comments or pins; my pinterest is out of control). I'm off to pack myself a solid lunch for the field trip tomorrow and I'm ready to kick ass.

Fitspo love!

Never say die (Iron Eagle). *cue music*

Morning Update: My legs ache worse and my shoulder/neck stiffness is very bad and painful. Today is low key, so I will see how it goes on that front.

We're off to the races, so let's do this!
-Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment