Thursday, August 6, 2015

Day 5: 21 Day Fix - Dealing with Injury

Hey y'all!

You might have noticed that there was no post yesterday. I ended up taking Wednesday off because I was in so much pain due to my shoulder and neck that I could not move enough to do the work out. While not ideal, I could not manage and spent almost the whole evening with my best friend, the ice pack and bottle of ibuprofen. I did my best to have a good food day, but knew I couldn't move much. Today I found a way to better manage my pain and power through.

Stretch out those legs! #legday
The biggest struggle of the day remains following the meal plan. I forgot my Shakeology on the counter and then at lunch I discovered that my plan-approved egg muffins had totally gone bad! That left me with having had a muffin at breakfast and then a bagel for a late lunch. I also had sunflower seeds and an orange, so those were good snacks, but couldn't sustain me. I had a baked potato for dinner as the poorer foods I'd had earlier had filled me up in a rather bad way. Old me would have given up here and said F-it, I've messed up too much, I hurt, whine, whine, whine...new me says F old me and let's keep going.

My mantra
What the above image reminds me, though, is not to stop and not to give up. Despite the rockiness of getting back on the wagon today, I did well with pain management and I KICKED ASS in the leg day workout. I got as low as possible, modified when necessary, and gained confidence in what my lower body can do. The exercises made me realize that even though I had a weak ankle, the rest of my legs are muscle and can do more than I thought. That means that next week I will be going bigger and badder on those lunges and squats because I know I can.

I have a plan for eating tomorrow and will be up early to get the chicken out to defrost. My Shakeology is prepped, the fruit is ready, and I'm pumped for my protein packed lunch. I am a woman with a plan.

Quote of the day:"If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up." - Autumn Calabrese
Maybe my results won't be perfect because I haven't been perfect, but I'm getting better and I'm not going to stop trying and feel sorry for myself. No thanks.

Morning update: Feeling fabulous after leg day! I'm ready for today. Shoulder is being managed and everything else is ready to go. I even barely hit traffic so it's a good one. :)

Ciao!
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment