Sunday, August 2, 2015

Day 1: 21 Fix - One Step Closer (Sat. Aug. 1st)

I decided a while ago that I was going to revive my blog in the hope that blogging about my fitness journey could result in support and success just like creating the 100 Happy Days posts while I was in Maine helped me survive. I've tried fitness blogging before, but under guises and pen names and never connecting it to Facebook. I'm not totally sure how I expected it to help when no one could see it...but then, I can see why I didn't want anyone to see it.

Why I'm still not sure if I want anyone to read this, if I'm being honest, is that it's not easy to do and that it's even less easy to do publicly. The point, though, is that it needs to be redone and fully done so that I can get to being a healthy, happier version of me. I recently read an article posted by MyFitnessPal about why people fall off the weight loss wagon, one reason for which is stress over change. A solution they suggest is finding a strong support system, which is what I hope this blog will be. That doesn't mean harp on me or preach at me, but be supportive. Make suggestions, check in sometimes, tell me what you notice, and be there for me. Don't be rude. :)

Getting my planning on post-workout
So now comes the next step, jumpstarting back onto the healthy train with Beachbody's 21 Day Fix. I've seen my brother, Brad, get amazing results through this and he's even become a coach. He's been super helpful and encouraged me to give this a try and I'm finally reasonably settled enough to do so.

What does that mean:
Following a strict portion controlled plan using the little tubs, completing the daily workout dvd, and drinking a million tons of water (which luckily I'm always telling my campers to do).

As I was getting all of this set up, I was pinning like a crazy white girl and found a friend who's actually ordering the program and will be starting it up on Monday with me! I'm really pumped to have someone else with fitness goals to talk with and cheer each other on when it gets tough (as it's bound to). To help us sync up, I've downloaded the app Lose It, which is similar to MyFitnessPal, to use during the plan.

Now that all that's out of the way, how did today go?

Nutrition Plan:
I'd say today was a 75% successful today. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks all went really well but boardgames night resulted in less stellar choices. I'm going to recognize that, but not dwell on it, either. Especially since my roommate and I went grocery shopping and loaded up on healthy. We spent a good hour chopping fruits and veggies, and making our own spinach/kale ice cubes for smoothies. This means the future will be brighter and I will get better.


Today's Workout: Dirty 30
Some of these exercises felt deceptively easy at first but then by the second rotation caused some serious burn. I'm glad I've started Pilates, since I could understand what Autumn meant as she referred to abs and holding things in. I was pretty unable to do the side plank exercise at the end, so that's a focus and goal. I could do a few modified, but wow was it a struggle. I'm writing now, in the morning, 30 minutes later, and wow do things really start to hurt so good. Morning after: holy good god, everything aches.


Quote of the day:
"Put the work in now and never wonder what if." - Greg Plitt

20 days to go...
Ciao bellas,
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment