Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 2: 21 Day Fix - Everything Hurts

The title is not an exaggeration. My body is feeling vaguely betrayed whilst my mind is very excited and happy.

I think the biggest thing I noticed today was the effect of nutrition. It's been really easy, as I've looked at this plan and made attempts in the past weeks to start it, to focus on the fact that it's calorie restrictive and in turn not eat enough. Today was busy socially (and wonderful), but I didn't plan out my tim well enough to get the food/fuel that my body needed. I had two wonderfully healthy and protein packed smoothies (1 Shakeology, 1 Whole Foods), but those aren't the same as solid foods.

Not enough solid food = weird cravings.

It's weird because I think with this plan I will actually eat more, but it'll just be so, so much healthier. Eat more, lose weight? It's a hilarious way to think about it, but it's making me realize how out of whack my conception of food has been. That's in the past, as are the reasons it all became so distorted, so it's time to move forward with each day stronger than the last.

Post yoga Fallon is very tired.
This morning I had the pleasure of taking a Pilates class with the studio owner (our instructor is doing job training and gone) and I very nearly died. My muscles ached thanks to yesterday's DVD and this woman is super strong and does not understand how not to go balls to the wall. I struggled and got really overwhelmed because what are you doing and how did you do that, but you know what? I stuck with it and did the whole hour, as much as I could and apparently I did well despite what I'm sure was abject panic on my face at least 75% of the time.

And the coolest part? I did a move I couldn't do sans help by myself today and that was awesome.

Furthermore, I still did Yoga Fix after getting home and went for a walk. My body hurts, but not in an injured way, in a thoroughly used kind of way that I suppose I can get used to.


Tonight, my roommate and I took measurements so I'll be able to really "see" all the progress through the program. It wasn't a pleasant experience, but I know I'll be glad I did it.

Morning after: Second night in a row that I've had trouble sleeping and woke up a lot in pain. Going to have to keep an eye on that. More water and ibuprofen to start.

Ciao,
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment