Sunday, August 9, 2015

Day 7: 21 Day Fix - Beast Mode

This morning started out with a great massage to work out the awful knots in my back and shoulder, but the rest of the day anything but lazy and relaxed. I had workouts to complete and I was going to do this hard core.

Mentally, despite the rollercoaster-ness of my first week, I have been feeling really positive. Yes, things have been hard, but they haven't been impossible. Why give up now? Things can only go up form here. The power of belief, guys, it sounds lame but it feels true. Whatever gets me to actually do a burpee, I guess?

Post-Pilates & Cardio! #stillalive
Nutrition wise, today was a win. I even had to attend a birthday party in the evening and managed to turn down a majority of the offerings. There was a bite of cake, but a dear friend had made it and insisted. Otherwise, I ate healthy throughout the morning and afternoon. It was easier because I was thinking about it and making conscious choices about what each meal would be.

The workouts went well! I completed Pilates, then took a break to have my smoothie and recoup, then I did the Cardio dvd. There was a lot of on your toes, plank position stuff in the Pilates DVD that I had to drop to my knees (yay ankle), but hopefully I'll be able to be strong enough to do them without injury, I just don't feel comfortable yet. Otherwise, it was hard, but I powered through.

Morning update: I'm pretty achy from all the massage work to my shoulder muscles, but I'm getting myself psyched for my Pilates class and then Dirty 30 when I get home. Time for breakfast now.

Ciao!
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment