Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Day 3: 21 Day Fix - "You are a crazy person."

First off, thanks everyone who's been reading and commenting on Facebook so far! I'm super pumped by all of you and wicked appreciate it.

All I can say is good God, am I tired. Yet I'm not tired in an "I work with children all day and work is exhausting" way; I'm tired in an "my body just did all the things and would like to not for a little bit" way. I think this tired is better largely because my mind is still functioning, perhaps better than when I first left camp this afternoon to return my rental car before Pilates.

Squat down. Weight up. Kill me now? Never say die.


Nutrition wise:
My 2 red containers, 1 blue container, and 1 green container egg muffins were fabulous but I need to be more hungry if I intend to eat an entire portion (4 muffins, no joke). They're super yummy with eggs, mozzarella cheese, turkey, carrots, onion, garlic, and broccoli. Crunchy, savory, nutrient rich...they actually taste like they shouldn't actually be good for you and they were wicked easy to make.

I actually managed to pack an after work snack today since I knew dinner would be later. Sunflower seeds were easy to eat and let me push on through my 4th Pilates reformer class!

Fitness wise:
I. Did. Not. Quit. (No matter how much I bloody well wanted to).
Yes, I did BOTH my Pilates class AND the DVD. (I also managed to convince my friend to come over and do the DVD with me! Win. :) )

I held onto this phrase for dear life at times tonight.

The Full Body Cardio Fix is intense and I did it with my friend immediately after we got back to my apartment after our reformer class. I was literally dripping with sweat and felt every muscle worked today and yesterday screaming. Nevertheless, I completed every exercise and made it through. I made the smart choice to continue modifying the jumping jack and modify the cross country ski move so that I don't jump and injure my ankle. It's a goal to be able to do it all fully at some point, but I don't want to do too much. Pilates thankfully has been helping strengthen my ankle.

Now it's time for all the water and a shower so I can hopefully fix my middle of the night wake up routine.

Morning update: Not only did water do the trick and I didn't wake up sore in the middle of the night, but I'm actually feeling pretty good this morning. Muscles ache a small, pleasant amount but aren't being dramatic. Huzzah!

Get pumped for day 4!
-Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment