Friday, February 28, 2014

Day 5!

HFridays are, if course, Fridays and this predeposed to be good if only for the fact that they are followed by the weekend.

Today, however, was an exceptionally good Friday. My classes all went very well and I ended up having a lot of fun. My AP students are just as invested and dealing with as many FEELS during our docudrama as I was the first time around. In my other two classes we began a new writing competition and WOW did they engage. They writing round robin ground stories in a free write narrative style and so far they're wacky and highly entertaining! I'll find out in two more Fridays exactly what becomes of them...anyway, it was a great start to the lesson and made all of the learning that came after stay full of energy and be really productive. 

As if that wasn't enough, my good friend from home is visiting and we caught up over delicious BWW.

Hanging out and chatting! :)

I am very excited to have company in the tundra and am hopeful a good day and a bit of relaxing will do me good.

The only scary bit of the day was nearly getting too up close and personal with Bambi on the highway. Luckily there was only one deer and when I swerved my car stayed on the road. It felt like a miracle, for sure, since the deer came out of nowhere and was just bam! there in the middle of the highway.

Happy Friday indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment